First of all, we will talk about what is computer A computer is a machine that accepts data as input processes that data using program and output the processed data as information. The computer can be connected together to form a network, allowing connected computers to communicate with each other. We already know that we can use a computer to type documents, send an email, play games and browse the web. We can also use it to edit to create spreadsheet presentation and even videos.
What are the Generations of Computers
- First Generation (1940-1956) – uses vacuum tubes, ENIAC was the first computer of this generation.
- Second Generation (1956-1963) – uses transistors rather than vacuum tubes.
- Third Generation (1964-1971)- ICs (integrated circuits) used in place of transistors which reduced the size of computers.
- Fourth Generation (1972-2010) – uses microprocessors and ICs.
- Fifth Generation (2010- present) – the fifth generation of computers uses AI (artificial intelligence) and some best examples of these are Siri on iPhone, Cortana on Windows 8, and 10.
Who made the first Computer?
Charles Babbage invented the first mechanical Computer in early 19th century.
The basic parts of desktop Computer are the computer case, keyboard, mouse, monitor etc. the most basic computer setup usually include the computer case, monitor, keyboard and mouse but we can plug many different types of devices into the extra ports on our computer. These devices are called peripheral. Some of them are printers, scanner, web camera, speaker, microphone, game controller
What is Full-Form Of Computer?
The Full Form of Computer is a Commonly Operated Machine Particularly used for Technical and Educational Research
C – Commonly
O – Operated
M – Machine
P – Particularly
U – Used for
T – Technical
E – & Education
R – Research
What are the different types of computers?
The computer comes in many shapes and sizes and performs many different functions. Like when we withdraw cash from ATM we are using a type of computer. There are lots of different types of computers. Some of them are -:
- Desktop computer – desktop computer are designed to placed on a desk and they are typically made of few different parts including mouse, Computer, keyboard etc.
- Laptop computers – Laptops are a battery-powered computer that is more portable than desktops allowing you to use it anywhere and anytime.
- Tablet computers – The tablet is handled computers that are even more portable than laptops. Instead of a keyboard and mouse tablet use a touch-sensitive screen for typing and navigation. The iPad is an example of a tablet.
- Servers – A server is a computer that serves up information to another computer on a network.
let’s talk about two things that is common in all computer . That is SOFTWARE. and HARDWARE.
hardware is any part of a computer that has a physical structure such as the keyboard or mouse. It also includes an internal part of the computer
SOFTWARE – Software is any set of instructions that tells the computer what to do and how to do. Everything we will do is rely on both Hardware and software.
Some of the full forms of the computer-related terminologies are
RAM – Random-Access Memory
ROM – Read-Only Memory
OS – Operating System
HTTP – Hyper Text Transfer Protocol
HTTPS – HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure.
IP – Internet Protocol
URL – Uniform Resource Locator
USB – Universal Serial Bus
VIRUS – Vital Information Resource Under Seize
DOC – Document (Microsoft Corporation)
PDF – Portable Document Format
DVX – DivX Video
HTML – HyperText Mark-up Language
UPS – Uninterruptible Power Supply